Would You Like To:
- Form a strong bond of love and trust with your baby?
- Help your baby sleep better and for longer?
- Ease your baby’s wind (gas) and colic pain?
- Relieve your baby’s constipation?
- Stimulate your baby’s neurological development?
- Improve your baby’s health and general well-being?
- Learn to understand your baby’s body language and cues?
- Attend a relaxing and friendly baby massage class?
- Meet other parents with babies?
The International Association of Infant Massage has been providing professionals and parents, including those that adopt or foster their children, with information and expertise on infant massage since 1992.
To find a qualified CIMI instructor in your area, please go to the website or contact the representative of your country: International Representation.
Attend an Infant Massage Class!
Infant massage classes are a fun way to learn how to soothe your baby, relieve tummy upsets, learn to understand your baby’s non-verbal language and much, much more. Our classes are informal, relaxed, and small enough to ensure you get the personal attention you need.
Infant massage is simple, easy to learn and effective! Join the tens of thousands of parents and professionals worldwide who have trained with the International Association of Infant Massage and experience the joy and benefits that infant massage has to offer!
Why Take a Class?
The easiest way to learn to massage your baby is with the help of an IAIM Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI). The strokes and styles of massage are easier to grasp when demonstrated by our experienced instructors. Pressure, rate, rhythm, the length of the massage, respect, bonding, why babies cry, babies’ body language, relaxation, and parent empowerment are some of the skills and topics you will learn.
Be Confident with Every Aspect of Infant Massage
IAIM instructors teach a little at a time to ensure that you are confident with every aspect. All our instructors teach the same tried and tested IAIM syllabus, although the structure and prices of classes can vary between instructors. Most instructors offer two main types of service: infant massage classes and private instruction.
Classes offer a supportive group environment where parents can share experiences and learn from each other while having fun. A typical IAIM course consists of five sessions of one to one and a half hours duration. Each session is held at weekly intervals to allow you and your baby to absorb all the information and get used to the massage. Group sizes are kept small to ensure personalized attention. The recommended age for group classes is from birth to one.
Many Certified Infant Massage Instructors (CIMIs) offer other services including the option for private classes for individual and special needs. Some instructors also conduct workshops and demonstrations for professional groups and conferences.
Find a Class in Your Area
To find a qualified CIMI instructor in your area, please go to the International Representation page, where you will find links to each country’s chapter or contact person. Note: Instructor names are listed on websites and kept updated by the country chapters of our organization.
Video: Find Out About IAIM Classes
10 Reasons to Massage Your Baby
- To do something warm, loving and special with your baby
- To help your baby sleep better (so you can!)
- To help relieve constipation and help your baby have regular bowel movements
- To reduce gas, colic, crying and reflux
- To help you and your baby relax (a lifelong skill!)
- To help your baby have a lifelong appreciation of touch and warm relationships
- To improve your baby’s digestion and absorption of nutrients
- To help your baby’s cognitive development
- To learn how to communicate better with your baby
- To help you and your baby fall in love with each other