Becoming a Certified IAIM International Trainer
Becoming an IAIM International Trainer is an active and individual journey – one of personal and professional growth.
The IAIM Committee for Trainer Candidates (CTC) is responsible for the educational process for new trainers. IAIM Trainer Candidates work with active IAIM Senior Trainers, Trainer Consultants and the CTC, gradually assuming more responsibility for all aspects of the training process. Trainer Candidates learn through experience, observing, organising, planning and presenting trainings.
Main eligibility requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ active experience as an IAIM Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI/CEIM)
- Experience teaching at least 100 families as a CIMI (CEIM)
- Be actively involved in one’s local IAIM Chapter
- Good comprehension and conversational skills in English
- Be introduced by an IAIM Trainer
- Registration Steps/Phases
- Organisation and Audit Phase:
Audit two trainings and organise at least one of these trainings
- Attend the 5-Day Training:
Participate in a 5-Day Trainer Candidate Training
- Assistant Training Phase:
Participate as an Assistant-Trainer along with an IAIM Trainer
- Attend the IAIM Educational Conference and IAIM General Assembly in Spain in 2018.
- Supervised Independent Training Phase:
Teach at least two CIMI Trainings with supervision
- Independent Training with long distance support via internet:
Teach at least one CIMI Training with supervision (Skype)
The costs involved:
The method used to calculate the cost of the Training Process is designed to offer a fair and equal opportunity to Trainer Candidates from around the world. Much of the training can be financed through their own training activities during the Training Process. It is based on the cost of the student fee in the CIMI’s country.
For more information, please contact the CTC by emailing to CTC AT iaim.net (Email with no spaces and replace AT with @ )
(Sometimes e-mails are not accepted by the email system. Therefore if you have not received an answer from the CTC within 15 days please send again to email@example.com)
Members of the IAIM Committee for Trainer Candidates:
Esther Marom (Israel)
Maria João Alvito (Portugal)
Monica Ghiotti (Italy)
Thordis Zwartyes (Germany)